Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Player Ratings for USC - Marcus went out fighting

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 1 month ago #26766 by CorpusJayhawk
This game chart for the player ratings tells a pretty good story. I have USC rated No. 8. If you recall, the marker for each player is more or less the projection needed to beat a team rated around 10th or so (it is not an exact target). So we needed every player to be at or above the marker. Of our top 7 players, only 2 were above the marker. That spells blowout. McCormack was close but as I said, when playing a top team, you need all players above the line. One player excelled and that was Marcus. He went down fighting which is nothing less than what you would expect for a team captain and senior. Harris also had a decent game, mostly on the back of a strong plus-minus. Christian and Ochai and especially Christian were simply not up to the task. They were not up defensively, offensively or any other way. Therein lies a big part of the problem with this team. We had guys who would be decent role players off the bench on an elite team starting and playing starters minutes. I mean I can't find it in me to blame Ochai and Christian. They are being asked to deliver what they do not possess. It is actually a credit to them and to the coaching staff that we achieved as much as we did this season.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, hairyhawk, Bayhawk, Socalhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.