Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Elgin Baylor dies at 86

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 years 3 weeks ago #26744 by HawkErrant

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #26747 by gorillahawk
I lived in LA as a kid...Dad took me to Lakers and the 'new team' Dodgers games...got to see Elgin and Jerry West...my 8th grade BB team was the halftime entertainment in the new LA Sports Arena once...we played an intra squad game....we used the same locker room with all the "big' guys...also saw Drysdale, Koufax, Gil Hodges, Wally Moon, Maury Wills, etc....got to attend Roy Campanella Night with my little league team at the Memorial Coliseum...largest attendance ever at the time 93,000...funny how we mostly went to games when the St. Louis Cardinals were in town...I met Harry Carey once when he sat next to me in a bar in KC...he'd brought in a bunch of Oakland A's after a game the year after he 'left' St. Louis...Ahhh, the good old days! :)
Last Edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by gorillahawk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.