Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

random thoughts from a cluttered mind

More
3 years 1 week ago #26713 by Kong
First a win is a win. What a roller coaster of a game! We cannot rely on Garret and Harris being our three point shooters and survive.

USC plays a zone, but it is long and active. We will need crisp ball movement, good decisions, driving into the gaps and good outside shooting by all.

What a conference record. Currently undefeated with just Texas remaining. I realized I would not mind if Texas lost. Shaka is that annoying.

Watched the OU game and realized how little Mooo means anymore. I could not name one player or even their coach. Talk about becoming irrelevant. I think they have the most tournament appearances without a trip to the Final Four and that will continue as OU bounces them. I had to laugh.

When KU is in synch they look good. Their defense is connected with everyone rotating quickly and efficiently. Active hands and good on the ball defense. This leads to active offense with crisp ball movement, smart drives, and good rebounding. When they are not connected, the Offense is slow and static.

We picked up wins on Kentucky and UNC, so that is always a good day.

COVID impact in the tournament with VCU withdrawing. Hopefully there will be no more of that. Have to feel for the VCU players and coaches, but at the end of the day, it is just a game and if this is all COVID impacts their lives, they should feel thankful.

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, Bayhawk, boulderhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.