Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

What a half by OSU

• hairyhawk
  • hairyhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 3 months ago #26132 by hairyhawk
The Hawks need better ball movement on O and I do not think OSU can keep shooting over 50% from 3. The Hawks are shooting less than 25% from 3. Hopefully the Hawks can have more fire in the 2nd half.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• hairyhawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 3 months ago #26133 by hairyhawk
It was a good comeback even though it came up short in the end. 5 of 21 3 point shooting will not cut it with this team. The Hawks can play better than that and I believe they will most games.

More
3 years 3 months ago #26134 by LKF_HAWK
Hawks showed resiliency but this game is more painful than UT loss. Hawks, despite wretched shooting and OSU burning the barn down in 1H, had the lead late and couldn’t not close the door. Cunningham made an amazing play, tough one to lose. I really don’t know what it is about Stillwater..not like the Pokes always have great teams..

More
3 years 3 months ago #26135 by LKF_HAWK
One more thing, that last dunk by OSU was in poor taste. Not that he went to dunk the ball, but how he dunked it

More
3 years 3 months ago #26136 by AZhawk87
So nice to see Mac stepping up, but I believe it’s because opponents are now putting emphasis on Wilson and Braun getting no open shots.

They let Mac get his points (and good for him for finding a way to turn on the light switch!), bird dog Wilson and Braun, who both have had pretty bad games recently, and pretty much leave Garrett alone. that makes it tough for KU to get any offense going.

I can’t believe last night we’re tied with under a minute, and we end up with a Garrett drive that gets blocked (surprised?) and a Garrett brick three pointer. That’s either great D from Ok St. to make Garrett the shooter, or bad offense drawn up by self.

Silver lining is fighting back to take the lead. That was fun to watch
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, KMT

• hairyhawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 3 months ago #26139 by hairyhawk
Mr. Agbaji was 4-9 from 3 besides him as a team we were 1 of 12. That is not going to cut it for this team. This team does not get to the rack well enough to allow them not to be able to hit 3 point shots. I think in this game you need to give credit to OSU. They played with great energy. The other major issue IMO is we need better transition defense. If they are going to call the foul anyway make them earn it at the stripe. We gave up too many 3 point plays in transition.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, KMT

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 years 3 months ago #26141 by HawkErrant

hairyhawk wrote: Mr. Agbaji was 4-9 from 3 besides him as a team we were 1 of 12. That is not going to cut it for this team. This team does not get to the rack well enough to allow them not to be able to hit 3 point shots. I think in this game you need to give credit to OSU. They played with great energy. The other major issue IMO is we need better transition defense. If they are going to call the foul anyway make them earn it at the stripe. We gave up too many 3 point plays in transition.

Amen and Hallelujah, Brothers and Sisters!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
3 years 3 months ago #26153 by porthawk
That's solid analysis AZ and it makes a lot of sense. Assuming it's correct and that teams continue to guard using that strategy, hopefully (and I'm sure), HCBS will make necessary countermoves to get them back on track.