Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Does Baylor have the Big 12 Championship wrapped up already?

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #26108 by CorpusJayhawk
Well, the answer is of course, no. But based on the DPPI, they are an overwhelming favorite. You can see below that their current projection is to win 15.5 games with Texas in second winning only 12.5 games.

The graphs below show the probabilities of winning. Baylor has an 80% probability of winning outright and a 90% probability of winning at least a share. But fear not. Baylor is only one loss away from these probabilities going right out the window. Kansas has not played like a champion on average this season. I admit, there is a pretty large disconnect between my DPPI and the rest of the algo world concerning Kansas. I currently have KU ranked 40th to the average of 14 by all the computers. But my DPPI is also the 5th ranked in terms of conformance to consensus. So over all 330+ teams I am right with the pack. KU is one of my largest outliers. In any case, KU needs to get their act together and not lose any more careless games starting tonight.

Obviously the probabilities for the last data point (after 4 games) will change based on the outcome of the 3 games tonight and the game tomorrow night.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, hairyhawk, porthawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.