Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Embarrassing!! Getting linked at home by 25

• LKF_HAWK
  • LKF_HAWK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 3 months ago #26087 by LKF_HAWK
Wow!! That was pretty lousy..Texas that good or was Ku just that pathetic today. Losing by 25 at AFH is just plain embarrassing..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
3 years 3 months ago #26088 by Bayhawk
Word . . .

RC. :-(

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 years 3 months ago #26090 by HawkErrant
Today was the mirror image game to WVU in AFH.
tu played the hot handed team, KU played the cold... in every aspect.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• LKF_HAWK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #26091 by LKF_HAWK
I wish it were that simple. Hawks looked overmatched and like Zags game it seems we just don’t have the talent to win against a team as athletic and long as Texas who made everything at key times. ..Texas winning by 25 at AFH is just all sorts of wrong. Shaka Smart should not be able to out recruit Self and Kansas but darn it it seems like he did so this year
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by LKF_HAWK.

More
3 years 3 months ago #26095 by JoJoHawk
NCAA cloud is killing our recruiting- plain and simple.

More
3 years 3 months ago #26096 by hairyhawk
I would agree that we were the less athletic team. I do not believe that the Hawks shooting 13% from 3pt range is typical for this team. I am not sure what led to it but we were way off our game and I think UT played above their normal game and they are a good team to start with..

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 3 months ago #26097 by Wheatstate Gal
Never thought I’d be grateful to be shoveling snow, instead of watching a game!

More
3 years 3 months ago #26098 by DocBlues
but I hope the lads got it out of their system. I don't want to have to EVER see that again!

• LKF_HAWK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 3 months ago #26099 by LKF_HAWK
Texas guard, Ramey talking like this was no big deal..blah, blah.... I hope the Hawks store that away in the memory banks for later this season...focus on TCU next....don’t let one loss become 2 losses...

More
3 years 3 months ago #26104 by AZhawk87
My family just had 4 out of 5 of us get Covid this week (I'm the only one without it), so I have enough negative things to worry about. I'll use KUBB as a nice positive diversion this spring, even if it will be an up/down year.

I agree with JoJo that we're seeing a depletion of talent thru recruiting, most likely due to the sanctions cloud. I love Ochai and really love Braun, but they're both diamonds in the rough recruits from the KC area. They weren't high national recruits. The rest of the guys are 3-4 year players who are playing early as we no talent ahead of them.

It will be a big teaching year, with some great games like WVU, and some stinkers against better talent like Zaga, Baylor, TX.

One big change - I would start Lightfoot from here on out. At least he gives us some defensive presence.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk, Bayhawk, wardhawk, hoshi

More
3 years 3 months ago #26105 by hoshi
Hope your family is not too impacted. Your family is in my thoughts. KS is Covid hot right now. People are being very dumb.

I agree with many of the comments re. Hawks. Our problem in a lot of ways was on defense. We got out of doing what we do best, defend.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein

More
3 years 3 months ago #26106 by murphyslaw
I'm with you, AZ. It puzzles me why he isn't starting or at least getting a lot more minutes. He is not perfect, but his overall playing rarely hurts the team, and his spark and defensive skills are unmatched, in my opinion. As much as I like HCBS, his decisions about Mitch's playing time have me scratching my head in wonder.