Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

There is no joy in squidville...

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 years 4 months ago #26020 by HawkErrant
After leading the tarred ones 38-34 at the half, Kentucky (1-5) lost at home today for its 5th loss in a row.

The full text:
"So Kentucky completely melted down on the court. Cam Fletcher threw a fit. Calipari nuked Terrence Clarke all day and Clarke left the court before the game ended. Then no one but Keion Brooks, who did not play, would go do postgame interviews.

The Cats' problems run deep."

Whoa...

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
3 years 4 months ago #26021 by CorpusJayhawk
Should I feel guilt at my schadenfreude?

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

More
3 years 4 months ago #26022 by CorpusJayhawk
Kentucky now ranks 124th in my DPPI and 65th out of 75 Power 6 teams. I suspect Kentucky will get better as the season progresses more so than most teams since they are young and all new to the program. But as it stands at this moment, my DPPI has Kentucky going 5-14 the rest of the way for a total record of 6-19. What a disaster of major proportions for Big Blue Nation if that is anywhere close to becoming true. There will be pearl clutching of epic proportions.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

More
3 years 4 months ago #26023 by big g
and if thats their record corpus we may actually pass them this year as winningest program with a decent post season. if not, for sure next yr given our returnees and recruits plus bill of course. then he passes phog in 23 and then for sure there will need to be two statues outside allen/self field house for all time!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, DocBlues

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 years 4 months ago #26024 by HawkErrant

big g wrote: and if thats their record corpus we may actually pass them this year as winningest program with a decent post season. if not, for sure next yr given our returnees and recruits plus bill of course. then he passes phog in 23 and then for sure there will need to be two statues outside allen/self field house for all time!

Due to the shortened season this time around — and the potential for more cancellations — I’ve adjusted the estimate for Bill passing Phog from AY2022-23 to AY2023-24. Would love for it to be earlier.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"