Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Topsy-Turvy College Basketball world in 2020

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 4 months ago #25975 by CorpusJayhawk
I have been pulling my hair out trying to get a meaningful algorithm with such a topsy-turvy schedule where a good number of teams still have not played and many schools have played 3 or fewer games. Not only is the number of games inadequately low but the results have been swinglng wildly. KU is an fine example of that. KU defeats 195th ranked NDSU by 4 points then a few days later destroys 262nd ranked Omaha by 45 points. But without question, the craziest two numbers in the current DPPI are the rankings of Duke and Kentucky.

Duke is ranked 166th
Kentucky is ranked 181st.

How does that happen? Thanks to the spanking of Omaha, Kansas has clawed it's way back to 20th. But Our old rival Mizzou is making a push and is up to 14th. KU @ 20th is 3rd in the Big 12 behind Baylor (2nd) and West Virginia (3rd). The bottom of the Big 12 is looking grim with TCU at 112th, Iowa St. at 184th and Kansas St at 288th.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.