Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Halftime PPP

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 3 months ago #25925 by CorpusJayhawk
KU 39 points on 38 possessions or 1.026 PPP
CU 35 points on 38 possessions or 0,921 PPP

1.026 ppp on offense is not great but pretty good against a scheming aggressive defense. 0.922 ppp defense is okay but really pretty dadgum good against this very good offense.

Big stat is zero, count-em, zero offensive rebounds by Creighton. Outstanding on the defensive boards for Kansas, we have been all season. CB with 5 assists, another nice stat is 10 assists on 15 shots. A 0.67 assist rate is excellent. The offense has been flowing pretty well. Too many blocked shots at the rim.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, hairyhawk, Bayhawk, wardhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
3 years 3 months ago #25929 by hairyhawk
I though Creighton did a pretty good job with their hard hedges against our on ball screens. Our ball handlers need to do a better job exploiting that by getting the ball to the roller sooner.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 years 3 months ago #25930 by HawkErrant
Don, if you have a link to the latest DPPI, would you please post it in the pinned DPPI post for folks to access?

If possible, I’ll keep the link to last year’s final in the OP. If not, no worries.

Thanks!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
3 years 3 months ago #25931 by NotOstertag
All I know is that if I've got a last second 3 point attempt from now on, I want Jalen covering me. He'll NEVER foul a 3 point shooter again at the end of a game. Lesson learned.

Good win against a quality team, and by the simple "eyeball test" they looked better than they have previously. Still not a well oiled machine, but a step forward and a quality win.

I'm sure Self and his teammates won't mention Jalen's foul to him. :D:woohoo:

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk, Bayhawk