Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

BB, Christmas break and Covid

• hoshi
  • hoshi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 4 months ago #25914 by hoshi
it appears as if some teams are doing fine while there are significant outbreaks at others. It seems that the better teams at the end of the year may be those with the least attrition - last man standing.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the Christmas break where contact with families may/will occur. My suspicion is that we will have a major problem in Late December or early January. Living here is Lawrence, the community os doing a better job of masking and spacing in the last few weeks. Having the students return home after Thanksgiving, dropped the overall population of the town/county, which probably helped the spread. LMH appears to be doing well treating people.

Not sure how our team is doing, it appears OK, but there have been problems with the FB team, including some of the coaches.

The vaccine will help but do not want to speculate on the availability of the vaccine for student athletes - could be a touchy subject.

Stay well my friends, stay safe. MASK

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, sasnak, hairyhawk, Bayhawk, gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.