Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

OK, what should I do? What would you do?

• hoshi
  • hoshi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 9 months ago #25560 by hoshi
Got my season ticket renewal package from the KU ticket office for BB. I am pretty sure we will not have in-person games this year unless there is a miracle on the vaccine front. Even if the games are held, with full audience, at my age, I am not sure I will want to attend. I have attended KU games from 1973-1982 and from 1984-present.

Question, would you order tickets for this coming year and break the string? If I do and the season is cancelled or if games are played to an empty AFH, would the Athletic Department, refund the cost of the tickets? I know, they might even ask us to donate the cost to help keep the Department solvent.

My thoughts! I plan to order tickets and donate, if needed, the proceeds if asked.

What would you do?

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 years 9 months ago #25561 by HawkErrant

hoshi wrote: Got my season ticket renewal package from the KU ticket office for BB. I am pretty sure we will not have in-person games this year unless there is a miracle on the vaccine front. Even if the games are held, with full audience, at my age, I am not sure I will want to attend. I have attended KU games from 1973-1982 and from 1984-present.

Question, would you order tickets for this coming year and break the string? If I do and the season is cancelled or if games are played to an empty AFH, would the Athletic Department, refund the cost of the tickets? I know, they might even ask us to donate the cost to help keep the Department solvent.

My thoughts! I plan to order tickets and donate, if needed, the proceeds if asked.

What would you do?

GIVEN: I am also in the "senior citizen" category, and also have various health issues beyond age to consider.

1. IF keeping my place in the season ticket queue for the following season will be negatively affected by not buying for the upcoming season, I would buy. This may not be an issue as I understand season ticket sales have been down the past few years, but if it is any part of the offering priority scheme currently in place, I'd buy them.

2. ASSUMING (I know, I know) that the answer to the first postulate has me buy the season ticket package, my subsequent actions hinge on two other factors -- vaccine availability and "season on with fans in" AFH.

2A. Vaccine available? No brainer, get the shot and attend.

2B. Since according to the Pros from Dover 2a is highly unlikely, will KU ok "fans in" if there is a season?

2B1. If there is a season and KU allows "fans in" despite no vaccine, I could attend, but wouldn't.
2B1a. I would arrange with Boys&Girls Club of Lawrence for kids to be able to attend, or
2B1b. Ask KU to document the money as a donation to the Williams Fund if 2B1a wasn't possible.

2B2. If there is not a season, or if there is and KU does not allow "fans in"...
2B2a. I would consider taking any refund offered, but...
2B2b. Most likely I would ask KU to document the money as a donation to the Williams Fund.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, gorillahawk

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 9 months ago #25562 by Wheatstate Gal
“pros from Dover”........ ;-)

Thanks HawkE(ye)!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 9 months ago #25563 by Wheatstate Gal
I’m with HE, I’d buy the tickets if there was any chance my spot in the queue would suffer.

WSG

More
3 years 9 months ago #25564 by Kong
Don't know what you should do at all. But, you should know, that I am envious of your ability to go to the games.

One day... One day, I am going to get back for a game. A real game. A conference game and not some exhibition game or OOC game against Our Sisters of the Blind or Narcoleptic U, but a real game.

I went to an exhibition game about 10 years ago. It was fun, but without relevance it was lacking.

One day.....

Sigh

Visualize Whirled Peas

• hoshi
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #25565 by hoshi
Anyone that comes in for a game from RCB has one free ticket on me. My daughters will just have to miss a game.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by hoshi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, Wheatstate Gal

• HawkErrant
More
3 years 9 months ago #25566 by HawkErrant
Bravo Zulu, hoshi!

RCJHKU!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• HawkErrant
More
3 years 9 months ago #25567 by HawkErrant

Wheatstate Gal wrote: “pros from Dover”........ ;-)

Thanks HawkE(ye)!

Hey, Wheaty, as a 25+ year careerist in the United States Army Medical Department I learned to always rely on the Pros from Dover!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal

More
3 years 9 months ago #25568 by Bayhawk

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Wheatstate Gal

• hoshi
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 9 months ago #25571 by hoshi
I just ordered next season's tickets. Now let's see what happens. I am optimistic about this team.

• HawkErrant
More
3 years 9 months ago #25575 by HawkErrant
Fingers crossed.

Hoping Mitch gets to play his RS Sr season.