Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

In the Film Room with Bill Self - #4

• newtonhawk
  • newtonhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #25422 by newtonhawk
HCBS is at it again, this time breaking down the Jayhawk's win @ Baylor.

KU @ Baylor - 2020 - "The Game of the Year"
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk, Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #25427 by hairyhawk
These are sooooo good. I really liked how he pointed out a weakness, not blocking out, even when the shot went in. That is why he is the coach.

More
4 years 1 week ago #25428 by CorpusJayhawk
These are highly entertaining and educational. I would love to see Self or someone like Jay Bilas do a "scout" video session on a team or a player. It would be very interesting to see how they scout teams. Obviously a current head coach would likely not want to do that for obvious reasons, but someone like Bilas could. I appreciate Self's attention to the details like blocking out. When I was in my 20's and 30's and just barely into my 40's, I played tones and tons of pick up ball. I could never shoot worth a crap and I couldn't dribble to save my life, but I was the master of blocking out. I really appreciate the guys who have that sense of the opponent and have the presence of mind to block out. I watch that pretty closely in games. Agbaji has come along but he was not good early on. Braun is surprisingly good for a freshman. Enaruna can't spell the word. The best on the team wore a redshirt this season. Lightfoot was often outsized and out muscled but he rarely failed to block out well. Darnell Jackson by his senior year was one of the best. He got other guys lots of rebounds because he was not only blocking out his guy, he was sometimes blocking out 2 guys. And usually when he was blocking out his guy he would clear him away from the basket. Releford comes to mind as the wing who was very effective at blocking and clearing. Kevin Young got a lot of benefit playing alongside Travis. Marcus was quite good this year as well.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wardhawk, porthawk