Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

NBA season, draft, Devon status

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #25400 by HawkErrant
At this writing there is no news when or even if the NBA season will resume. If it does the NBA is reportedly looking at Las Vegas to hold all the playoff games.
Bleacher Report: Las Vegas Only City Under 'Serious Consideration' for 2020 NBA Playoffs

Regarding the 2020 NBA Draft, which is normally held as the last event of the current season & postseason, it is possible it won’t be held until August or September if the NBA does get to have some kind of finish to this season.
“Appearing on SportsCenter on Sunday morning, Wojnarowski said the only scenario in which the NBA Draft is held as scheduled on June 25 is if the regular season doesn’t resume. Since owners and the players anticipate the season returning at some point, the draft will be pushed back as a result.”
USAToday: 2020 NBA Draft could be delayed until August or September

I checked today and there is still no news of Devon declaring. Under normal NBA rules he has until April 26, but if the draft is delayed that date probably will be as well.

Since he has yet to declare while many others have (click for article), I have to wonder if he is considering staying in school given all the uncertainty?

Pure conjecture on my part. Looking for any information regarding Devon’s plans. And, as noted elsewhere on the board, doing the same regarding Dok, who could petition the NCAA for one more year due to his injuries sidelining him for so much of his career.

Coronavirus induced dreaming...

(Not saying we’ve got the bug, we’re fine as I write this. I’m saying current events have created the situation where such thinking is not inconceivable.)

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, murphyslaw, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.