Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Should/will Dok file for extra year for medical?

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 years 11 months ago #25381 by HawkErrant
I’d think he’s got a case if he decided he wanted another crack at an NC..

Not gonna happen, I know. Just wishful dreaming on my part to get to see him for another year, especially at his current level of excellence.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #25382 by hoshi
People overuse the term, X was my favorite KU player. After watching replays of many of KU's games over the last few weeks, I am truly struck by many of Dok's dunks. A number pf them were from 3-4 feet from the basket. His blocks and intimidation around the rim are second to none in modern times. In his last 20 games, he may have been the most dominate close to the basket big man at KU since the early days Wilt and Lovellette.

Yes, dreaming that he would come back next year, BUT, one never knows.

Yes, Dok is now in my top 5 KU players of my time following KU BB, mens and women. There was one KU woman who is in my top 5.

Dok, we hardly knew you! The real you.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by hoshi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 years 11 months ago #25383 by HawkErrant
Guessing the one woman is Lynette Woodard?
Fantastic player, nice person (met her years ago when Mrs HE was working for Marion Washington).

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
3 years 11 months ago #25385 by hoshi
Correct my friend.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein

More
3 years 11 months ago #25386 by NotOstertag
The politically correct thing would be for the NCAA consider appeals from guys who made the post season, but that wouldn't be an automatic,

Of course Dok will and should cash in by going pro.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
3 years 11 months ago #25390 by mpeterson44
The way things are now anything is within the realm of possibilities. From what I understand the NBA draft will probably not happen in June. The NBA is now putting out the possibility of a draft in the August to September time frame with it taking place after the playoffs. Common sense tells us that is probably overly optimistic. So what happens if there is no NBA draft until late fall on not at all? How would Devon be able to make a decision to go to the NBA or not if the draft itself was unsure. None of the deadlines this year are even remotely feasible in my opinion. So will the NCAA delay the date to declare for early entry? I would think they would have to. Would they allow DOK another year of eligibility? If they were to allow an extra year of eligibility this would cause a problem with the number of scholarships allowed per year since most schools have already completed recruiting. As you can see the possibilities are endless. What do you think?