Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

I Almost Fee Sorry For Them

• Senex68
  • Senex68's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #1775 by Senex68

"When you have a ruling class that doesn’t believe in — or even much like — the fundamental values of the nations it rules, things tend to work out poorly.”

Glenn Reynolds

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #1777 by Kong
I bet they are finding some way to blame KU for it because somebody somewhere inside of the NCAA has a KU degree. They find more ways to avoid taking responsibility for their own idiocy than any other school I know.

I remember when Haith was hired there and his past was brought up, they denied it and said it was nothing. Denying the truth rarely ever works. Karma always seems to catch up. Sort of like making fun of typos only to have typos in your own post. Just sayin'

Edit: In case anyone is wondering the 2013-2014 wins to be vacated total 24. They went 24-12 before Haith high tailed it out of there!

Visualize Whirled Peas
Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Kong.

More
8 years 3 months ago #1780 by Kong
The past transgressions of Calipari are well known. UMASS, left on probation and vacating wins; Memphis, left on probation and vacating wins; Kentucky?

Haith very similar path. Miami, left on probation; Moo, left on probation and vacating wins (as well as providing laughter for us).

Neither of these guys carried a penalty with them. (Not entirely true, I think Haith had to sit out a few games at Moo for his past issues with Miami). It really seems unfair that they can leave dumpster fire after dumpster fire behind them and not face any real penalties let alone are allowed to continue coaching.

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
8 years 3 months ago #1784 by NotOstertag
Whoop dee doo. They got bounced in the 2nd round of the NIT that year (although their first round opponent, Davidson, should be upset).

I guess that means that they're dropping from the coveted #37 spot on the all-time wins list which should make KSU, Iowa and Tennessee happy for moving past them.

It just seems a little ineffectual when you take away the wins of a team that went 9-9 in their conference and finished T-6 in their league.

I think we're all in agreement that these penalties should apply to everyone involved, including the guilty coach. It would be refreshing if the NCAA handed out bans on some of these clowns.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot