Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

NCAA Cancellation Stories of Woe

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 1 month ago #25280 by CorpusJayhawk
I'm sure there are hundreds of stories of woe from the cancellation of the NCAA Tourney. I would love to hear from anyone on the board of stories they have run across. I read one this morning about Lamar Stevens of Penn St. He came back for his senior season with hopes of taking his team to the Big Dance for the first time in 10 years and also an outside chance of becoming the all-time leading scorer in Penn St. history. He came within 7 points of being that all-time leading scorer and would surely have passed that since they were a lock for the tourney. Now that is a true woe. Devon pulling up 14 points short of becoming KU's 62nd 1000 point scorer is a little woe but nothing compared to Stevens 7 points short of all-time leading scorer.

Anyone have any other great woe stories?

As an aside to Devon, had he continued his scoring average and had KU gone to the NC game, he would have finished 43rd all-time in scoring at KU in only 2 years. Had he not improved but just kept that scoring average and stayed 4 years he would have easily finished 2nd to Danny Manning's 2,951 points. Thanks Devon. It was a special 2 years.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.