Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Random thoughts from a cluttered mind...

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #25259 by Kong
What a turbulent last few days!

It makes sense once you step away from it a bit. I would have postponed it for 3 weeks or so and had the selection committee pick the field and have those schools quarantine their players, but that is just me.

Anyone who knows me knows that I tend to hope for the best for our teams, but almost always am realistic about out chances in the tourney. This year I felt we had a real shot at it. This team had the mentality to win it all and the talent to win it all as well. A real shame.

I have been watching a lot of ESPN and have seen a lot of coaches on, a lot of different commissioners on, and some players. None from the Big 12. This was a chance to solidify the Big 12 as a national presence and we were non-existent.

This was a really really good team. Mentally tough. Solid. Talented. First real shot at a championship in quite some time. Sad for the team and for the fans.

On to other things

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, HawkErrant, sasnak, wardhawk, porthawk, replayloungehawk, newtonhawk, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.