Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

I really feel bad for the players...

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 1 month ago #25249 by replayloungehawk
I spent all season watching every KU game like I always do. Love this team like I always do. Have my favorites and all that. I'm so disappointed this is all happening but I just got to thinking about the players. Azubuike really seemed like he was on a mission and it's all over now. He'll never get a chance to see how far he could go. I wish these guys the best and I'm really sorry for this team...

Rock Chalk For Life!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
4 years 1 month ago #25253 by konza63
So true.

I'm sitting here in such a dejected state. I know it's a little selfish to be thinking about our team and season right now, but this whole situation stings. March Madness is my favorite sporting event every year (alongside the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl when it's a year the Chiefs are in contention). I was looking so forward to this tournament, as the most balanced and imposing team and the prohibitive favorite to win it all.

Until the NCAA announces the whole thing is officially canceled, as opposed to just postponed, I will hold out a sliver of hope.

My sincere condolences to everyone on this board, as I know all of you bleed crimson and blue and are really bummed today. :(

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: newtonhawk

More
4 years 1 month ago #25254 by Bayhawk
Word -- but in a bad way Konza -- word.

:ohmy: :dry: :unsure: :woohoo: :( :pinch:

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
4 years 1 month ago #25265 by NotOstertag
Yeah, I know a few guys were approaching records/benchmarks that they won't get to now. It's like there's no official "goodbye" to the team. Just "poof".

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot