Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Speaking of random thoughts from a cluttered mind...

More
4 years 2 months ago #25058 by Kong
How crazy do you think it will be on Saturday at KSU? That is going to be loud and their players are going to be jacked up. Look for a lot of early ticky tack fouls to be called in an attempt by the officials to control the game. I might not start Dok, just because of that.

Speaking of Dok. He gets swarmed more than a bear near a honey tree. When the pass goes in to the post and two or three players swarm him, we have to have players cutting hard to the basket in designated areas so that he can one touch the ball back out for easy baskets. If he gathers the ball, then it is harder to hit that cutter and we have to rely on making a three and we have not been consistent at that.

The team looked tired against OSU and that was to be somewhat expected. Not only did they play hard against Baylor, but they were emotionally all in for that game too. Hopefully the batteries are recharged and ready for another emotional game at KSU.

I believe everyone but KU and Baylor is eliminated from contention. Crazy

Braun, OA and Moss will be the key to how far we go. Teams know what they are going to get from Dot, Dok, and Garret. The other three have to step up.

Should be a pretty wild Big 12 tournament as a lot of teams will be playing to get in and beating KU and Baylor would go a long way towards that end.

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, boulderhawk, Socalhawk, porthawk, KMT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 years 2 months ago #25060 by NotOstertag
I imagine that things will be a little crazy on Saturday. Nevertheless, Silvio won't be there, so as a "target" for harassment he's not available. In the end, if you take the chair out of the equation, this falls directly on KSU and it's REALLY hard for them to think they were ever in the right. Stealing the ball in that situation was bush league, Silvio's swat was totally ok. Staring the kid down? A technical at worst, but the kid earned it. KSU leaving their bench and taking it to a physical thing? The height of jack@ssery.

I think KSU will be riled up, but the sad fact is that they're really not good at playing basketball. They haven't won a game in a month and have only won 2 games in 2020. Barring something completely out of left field happening, us coming in on 4 days of rest won't end well for the kitties. I'm sure that Weber chewed his guys out after the classlessness they demonstrated at AFH, so I don't expect them to start anything.

What do I expect? About 1/3 of the Octagon of Failure will be empty. Some drunk fans will chirp, but there's not much to chirp about when the guys in your school's basketball costumes are ranked 377th in points per game. There will be added security and the refs will be aware of what happened last time. As long as WE don't do anything stupid and try to start anything, this road trip should be as exciting as a trip to the drug store to pick up deodorant.

The good news is that Jayhawk fans who can't get tickets to a game in AFH should have an opportunity to get into this one. Once again, plan to hear the Rock Chalk Chant reverberating through their barn in the closing minutes.

As for the rest of your cluttered and randoms, I agree with all.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, boulderhawk, wardhawk, porthawk, murphyslaw, KMT, newtonhawk

More
4 years 2 months ago #25071 by KMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant