Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Post game articles

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #25030 by HawkErrant
But first this, ICYMI... Udoka Azubuike - National & Big 12 Player of the Week
Congratulations to the Big Guy!

Second, well done on carrying it forward tonight despite the double and triple teams being tossed at him!

And oh yeah, KU won 83-58 in The Phog.

KUAthletics.com: KU v OKS box score

ESPN.com: KU routs Oklahoma State 83-58 in first game back at No. 1

KUSports.com: Azubuike joins KU’s 1,000-point club, No. 1 Kansas wallops Oklahoma State for 83-58 win
KUSports.com: Notebook: Jayhawks crush Cowboys after earning No. 1 ranking in latest AP poll
KUSports.com: Postgame Report Card: No. 1 Kansas 83, Oklahoma State 58

With 3 games to go in the conference season, here is the lay of the land.

KU travels to KState on Saturday. Always a good fight, hope there isn't one.
KU hosts TCU on Senior Night. KU has not lost a Senior Night game since Ted Owens was fired after the 1982-83 season.
Silvio returns to action as KU travels to Lubbock to face Texas Tech in their season finale, most likely needing to win out to ensure at least a share of the Bog 12 title. It will be good to have a 3rd big man available, but I'm mnot sure how much he will play, barring injury, of course.

Menawhile Baylor hosts KState Tuesday and needs the win to stay abreast of KANSAS. (Dare I say it, go Kitties!?!?)
Saturday the Bears travel to the TCU for another shot at the Horned Frogs.
Monday March 2 they host Texas Tech.
Saturday Mar 7 they go to Morgantown to try to close out the season as co-champions with the Jayhawks.

Here's to KU winning out!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by HawkErrant. Reason: to fix Baylor remaining schedule. Thanks, JR!
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 years 2 months ago #25032 by JRhawk
HE - hopefully the links to the various stories are better than your "lay of the land" summary. You have both KU and Baylor in Manhattan on Sat. KU is the correct choice. KSU goes to Baylor tonight. KU Senior night is Mar 4th.
Baylor is at home tonight vs KSU, this Sat they go to TCU, then Mon, Mar 2nd they host TTU. Their regular season finale is at WVU as you said. Earlier in the season, I would have said that Baylor had the tougher finale, but since WVU lost to a decimated UT team last night and TTU is coming on, afraid KU at TTU is tougher. Maybe TTU will whip Baylor in Waco!!

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 2 months ago #25035 by HawkErrant
Well, that was embarrassing!!! What a great advertisement for the effective thought disruptiveness of sleep deprivation! Ugh! Thanks for the catch, JR, I fixed my original post to reflect the correct info.

And I agree with you -- WVU is not appearing to be the beast at all this year as the season has gone on. Incredibly bad on the road in particular. Now 1-7 after last night, but still 6-1 at home, so there is that bit of hope. (That record reminds me of ISU a few year's back, two different teams depending on whether the venue was home or away). From what I was reading back when KU visited Morgantown the WVU program atmosphere back then was not the greatest. Has to be worse now. We watched a bit of that game last night leading into ours, and it was a stinker, on both sides of the ball, i.e., all around! Both teams. Texas just stank less. Still, maybe being home for their season finale will help the Mountaineers prevail over Baylor. Wouldn't count on it, though!

TCU at home has been solid this year (5-2), so they could surprise BU. Losing to visiting KU is one thing, but that TCU loss to Texas in Fort Worth on Jan 29 is inexplicable. I just don't see them beating BU, though. Still, that's why they play the game.

And yeah, Tech at home has been tough, Baylor being their lone home loss (6-1... so far...), so that figures to be a tougher row to hoe for Kansas than Baylor's at WVU.

Fingers crossed that our guys win 'em all!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
4 years 2 months ago #25037 by JRhawk
Well that hasn't happened in a long time - had a post ready and page went crazy. Anyway, I said was going to question whether you had some bad libation, but refrained. For all that you post, HE, you have remarkable accuracy.
Like you say, that's why they play the games. Hopefully either TCU, TT, or WVU will beat Baylor and KU can win out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant