Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Fantastic win!

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
4 years 2 months ago #24953 by konza63
What a game!

And if not for Agbaji it's a double-digit win. He was holding the team back badly.

So dang proud of this team and staff!

This team is SO different from January...

Rock Chalk!

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 years 2 months ago #24957 by CorpusJayhawk
Agbaji is without a doubt, THE WORST passing back court player in the history of Kansas. He also seems to shrink in big games. He did hit the boards well. But his passing is a thing of negative wonder.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, murphyslaw

More
4 years 2 months ago #24958 by hairyhawk
It is surprising to me the HCBS has OA handle the in-bounding duties in crunch time. I thought the Hawks showed a lot of poise to bring this home. That BU team played great but the Hawks still won.
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, Bayhawk, murphyslaw

More
4 years 2 months ago #24959 by CorpusJayhawk
All things considered, this was everything a classic college game should be. Beating the No. 1 team on the road is huge. Baylor is a great team and great defense. Udoka was unbelievable. He was amped and played like a man. Way to go big guy. Dotson was solid since he was hounded like crazy all game. Garrett’s assists were huge. Everyone played pretty well other than Agbaji had a tough shooting game. And of course his aforementioned passes. But otherwise he played well on defense and rebounded. Udoka with 5 offensive boards was huge. Mark Vital is amazing. Man would I love to have him. I think we are a better team and it showed. Very nice win. Now if we can break their record of 23 straight wins by winning out. We are at 12. If we win out through the Big 12 tourney, that will be 19 in a row. Then we just have to go to the NC game to break the record. But why stop there. How about a NC?

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, HawkErrant, murphyslaw, newtonhawk

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
4 years 2 months ago #24961 by konza63
Yes, how about it?!? :-)

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

More
4 years 2 months ago #24963 by Riverhawk
Had the same thoughts. Terrific effort and tough, gritty win on the road against a No. 1! But OA continues to baffle me. He wasn't alone in not-so-smart plays at the end, but that inbounds pass was a real Yikes! moment. Shrink is a good word for how he plays offense all too often.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #24965 by HawkErrant
If OA played O as he does D he would be a first round NBA draft choice after this season.

I would be happy with him playing O half as well as he plays D.

But did you see that 2 handed rebound late in the game? I've been yelling at the screen (fruitless and hopeless, I know) all season for him to grab the ball with both hands. A thing of beauty to come away with that one!

But still, his passing -- oi!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

• HawkErrant
More
4 years 2 months ago #24967 by HawkErrant

CorpusJayhawk wrote: All things considered, this was everything a classic college game should be. Beating the No. 1 team on the road is huge. Baylor is a great team and great defense. Udoka was unbelievable. He was amped and played like a man. Way to go big guy. Dotson was solid since he was hounded like crazy all game. Garrett’s assists were huge. Everyone played pretty well other than Agbaji had a tough shooting game. And of course his aforementioned passes. But otherwise he played well on defense and rebounded. Udoka with 5 offensive boards was huge. Mark Vital is amazing. Man would I love to have him. I think we are a better team and it showed. Very nice win. Now if we can break their record of 23 straight wins by winning out. We are at 12. If we win out through the Big 12 tourney, that will be 19 in a row. Then we just have to go to the NC game to break the record. But why stop there. How about a NC?

I like the idea of this team finishing 37-3.
It would get Self's KU career wins to 510 and his KU career average AY wins to exactly 30 (his average KU record would be 30.0 W and 6.4 L, to be precise).

And yes, 37-3 *is* a familiar W-L record... at least it should be... B)

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, murphyslaw

More
4 years 2 months ago #24970 by LKF_HAWK
2008 Baby!!! I would take KU’s combined 2007-2008 MBB and FB record anytime (49-4).

Great W Hawks, let’s keep the foot on the gas pedal. I don’t see BU slipping again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, murphyslaw

More
4 years 2 months ago #24971 by Bayhawk
Knew you would love it LKF my brother,

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
4 years 2 months ago #24975 by LKF_HAWK
Brother Bay - you know it. On my later mother’s bday, she was watching over the Hawks!

More
4 years 2 months ago #24976 by LKF_HAWK

LKF_HAWK wrote: Brother Bay - you know it. On my late mother’s bday, she was watching over the Hawks!

More
4 years 2 months ago #24977 by hoshi
G’day mate. Got up at 4am in Tasmania to listen via the web. Felt confident from the start. I was one that voted that we would win. Glad my confidence was justified. Great win.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
More
4 years 2 months ago #24981 by HawkErrant
hoshi, sent you a PM. Thanks!