Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Updated DPPI and Big 12 standings

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #24865 by CorpusJayhawk
DPPI
Duke overtakes Gonzaga for 2nd but Gonzaga has yet to play Pepperdine tonight. Kansas still a solid 1st in the DPPI. Baylor still a
distant 4th. West Virginia stays in 9th place. Oklahoma solidly in the NCAA at 37th. (the cutoff is usually around 48th). Louisville with 2 straight losses falls to 11th. BYU is the big secret. They are rated 15th and are going to give Gonzaga all they want. Hopefully BYU defeats Gonzaga. Texas Tech loses to OSU but still 17th in the DPPI. Texas loses Sims and loses to Iowa St. big time. Kansas St. is now officially last in the Big 12. I have 11 Big Ten teams in the tourney and 5 Big 12 teams. As I am tyoing this, Maryland (12th) is about to defeat Michigan St. (7th) in East Lansing. That will change those two a little. Penn St up to 8th. If you want to see my DPPI you can do so here DPPI

Big 12
Now for what really matters. Both Baylor and KU won impressively. Baylor's win was a little better in that they defeated a higher ranked team so they gain a little on KU. But all that really doesn't matter so much as the game next Saturday at ESPN game day in Waco. That is looking more and more like the Big 12 game of the season. There are other games to play for sure but if Baylor wins that game this race is all but over. If KU wins it is a race for sure. Both teams are looking great right now. I watched the Baylor game today. They are very good. The game next Saturday will be epic. I think Asteroid has us favored by a smidge. I have us as a 6.0 point underdog. If you want to see all my charts and tables for the Big 12 race, you can do so here

Big 12 Charts
Big 12 Tables

Baylor is currently projected to win 16.2 games to KU's 15.3 If KU wins in Waco next Saturday that flips to KU projected to win 16.1 to Baylor's 15.4 If KU defeats Baylor we would have an 87% probability of at least a share of the Big 12. That game is looming LARGE!!

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, Socalhawk, porthawk, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.