Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

random thoughts from a cluttered mind

More
4 years 2 months ago #24839 by Kong
The WVU games are always an ugly grind. Lots of bumping, pulling, and pushing going on on and off the ball. If you are making a cut through the lane, be prepared to come out the other side with a bruise. Huggins dares the officials to call the game tight and they do not.

Our defense was good. Our defensive rebounding was not. In the first half it seemed like every loos ball went to WVU. We turned that around a bit in the second half, but it still was not a pretty game.

This KU team reminds me a lot of some of Self's Illinois teams that we all didn't like when we played them. Physical

Braun stood toe to toe with one of WVUs bigs. Lots of pushing and shoving but he held his own.

The game turned when Moss was able to connect on the three. After that we started to get more chaotic on D and more efficient on O.

Ugly game, but that is what I expected. Baylor will be more of the same. I do not see WVU sweeping Baylor. I am not sure they split, so it is entirely up to us. If we want a 1 seed and a share of the crown, we will have to win out.

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, boulderhawk, porthawk, KMT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.