Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Watching BU @tu

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 1 month ago #24810 by HawkErrant
My impressions are ...

1. Except for the fact that they keep winning, BU is just not impressive. Yikes, the O is horrible. 9:34 to go and just 40 points? Luckily tu is worse (27). Great D, tho, credit >gag< to their coach and the guys buying in.

2. I am convinced that the reason Shaka Smart moved to Texas is that he knew he was a fraud, but the tu fans really wouldn’t give a flip because hey, it ain’t football. While the horns play decent D, their O is truly horrendous. EVERYTHING is one on one, there is often little to no motion, passing the ball goes on until some guy decides he’s the next Allen Iverson and then reverts to 1-1 play. It happens *every* play. And hey — there’s no Durant or Iverson or any other talent to carry and possibly rescue this team, or this coach.

What’s Tom Penders doing these days? Things truly can’t be worse for tu.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.