Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

WVU contemplations

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #24794 by HawkErrant
Yesterday for the KU @TCU game I traveled to Basehor to watch the game with konza63, who has been back in NEKS helping his mom Louann. The three of us had a wonderful time together enjoying the company and the game. Sorry, we neglected to take pics. :ohmy:

Looking ahead I find myself wishing we were going to be watching Wednesday’s game together as the Jayhawks travel to Morgantown to play game #2 against WVU. KU is 13-5 against Huggy Bear’s Boys since they joined the Big 12 for AY2012-13, a perfect 8-0 in The Phog, but just 2-5 @WVU. I figure they could use all the positive karmic cosmic alignment they could get!

And don’t forget, folks, Wednesday’s big game will be streamed to you by ESPN on its newest “station”, ESPN+.:huh:
“Thanks?”

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, jayhawk969, wardhawk, Socalhawk, murphyslaw, Wheatstate Gal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 years 1 month ago #24796 by sasnak
I know Basehor or used to about 5 years ago (last time I was back

It'll feel better when it stops hurting

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #24798 by Governors

And don’t forget, folks, Wednesday’s big game will be streamed to you by ESPN on its newest “station”, ESPN+.:huh:
“Thanks?”

Do you think ESPN would ever put a PUKE-UNCheat game on that service?

More of a rhetorical question, because we all know the answer.
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Governors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
4 years 1 month ago #24807 by NotOstertag
I'd call WVU a "must win" game, but unless/until Baylor gets tripped up, every game is a "must win". This is just a tougher "must win" than most.

WVU needs to beat us and Baylor twice to stay alive in the race, so they'll be ready.

They played us tough in Lawrence, but we benefited from having several people contribute on offense: Azibuike had 17 (5-10 free throws), Dotson had 16 and Garrett had 12. WVU got theirs from Tshiebwe (17) and McBride (13). They kicked our collective butts on the glass (44 rebounds for WVU to KU's 30).

Clearly, we've developed into the Dotson/Dok show on offense, but we do play solid defense overall. If we play D like we can, stay out of foul trouble, and find at least one other guys outside of Dotson and Dok to score, I'm hopeful.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, jayhawk969, murphyslaw, newtonhawk

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 1 month ago #24813 by Wheatstate Gal
I, too, could be more confident if you two gents could be together at the SAME VENUE for Wednesday’s game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant