Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Regarding Peyton at the game

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 2 months ago #24608 by HawkErrant
Sure, he was there for his Volunteers and for his bucket list, but apparently he was quite the hit before the game. Here's one example from JayhawkSlant's AFH suite of the things Jayhawks fans are saying...

DC Hawkfan wrote:
We sat 7 rows up almost directly behind Peyton during the game today and WHAT A CLASS ACT. He walked out and sat on the Tennessee bench a good 45 minutes to an hour ahead of the game and I bet Peyton had no less than 250-300 people come up to him wanting a picture with him OR for him to sign something for them and he fulfilled every single request. Even clowned around with Big Jay and tried to slip his UT hat on him. Gained some respect for Mr. Manning today!

Also a lot of plugs for his show Peyton's Places on ESPN+
(which, full disclosure, I have never seen so cannot comment on).

Interested me, thought it might interest you...

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, gorillahawk, wardhawk, murphyslaw, newtonhawk, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.