Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Who gets the 10 minutes at Center when Dok has to rest?

• hoshi
  • hoshi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #24561 by hoshi
Who gets the 10 minutes at Center when Dok has to rest or gets in foul trouble? Or, do we plan 5 out? I wonder if Braun has ever played center? What about Enaruma? They are our two tallest players outside Dok for the next two games.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 2 months ago #24562 by HawkErrant

hoshi wrote: Who gets the 10 minutes at Center when Dok has to rest or gets in foul trouble? Or, do we plan 5 out? I wonder if Braun has ever played center? What about Enaruma? They are our two tallest players outside Dok for the next two games.

Assuming that Self does not want to try something different given (1) the short time frame involved, and (2) the fact that Mac will be back after Monday’s game in Stillwater, the logical option is to stick with 4-1 with either Braun or Enaruna for those 10 minutes per game.

For Tennessee, their 6-11 and 7-0 freshman have played a grand total of 5 games and 48 minutes total to date. The largest player in their top 8 is 6-9 John Fulkerson, averaging just under 12 points and 6 rebounds per game.

For OSU Yor Anei (6-10/225) is the only member of the top 7 that is above 6-7.

According to the official roster Braun is 6-6/205 and a Enaruna 6-8/200.
Braun has seemed to be the more physical of the two, so maybe he gets the call over Enaruna?

Or would Self put Marcus (6-5/195) in to guard the C slot on D when Dok sits, and rotate Braun or Enaruna inside on offense?

Or keep Braun outside for 3?

Will be interesting to see in both games.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #24563 by CorpusJayhawk
Speaking of Dok needing rest, has there ever been a player who “looked” more winded than Dok every single time the camera pans to him during a stoppage. Is it just me or does he look like he is always panting for breath? He is obviously in good shape to play the way he does but he has that look about him that makes it seem like he is always out of breath.

As for the lineup when he is out, very interesting indeed. Enaruna has the wingspan but does not seem to be ready for that level of physicality. Marcus can guard anyone but a well-crafted offense can take advantage of the height mismatch. I’m not sure Braun is any taller than Marcus. It will be a real test for these guys.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by HawkErrant.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #24565 by HawkErrant
Someone to watch for --

Reading through articles this morning in preview of today's game I found that Vol freshman giant Uros Plasvic (7-0/240) was just recently granted eligibility from the NCAA. For his debut the 7-foot freshman center played 11 minutes and scored four points in Tennessee's 73-48 rout of Ole Miss last Tuesday. He could make non-Dok time really problematic for KU.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by HawkErrant.

More
4 years 2 months ago #24567 by newtonhawk
Corpus wrote regarding Udoka: "Is it just me or does he look like he is always panting for breath?"

My sentiments exactly! It even seems to appear this way after they have come out of a timeout. It has given me cause for concern, but I'm sure the Medical staff has addressed it.

• hoshi
  • hoshi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #24572 by hoshi
My two cents, it is mostly body language. If you watch Dok, when he walks back, he hangs his head and slouches yet a few seconds later he is heads up and ready to play. I think he has very good stamina for someone his size and few guys with his build and size can get down the court as fast as he does. Yes, he does tire and occasionally needs to catch his breath but I think he is in great shape.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
4 years 2 months ago #24580 by RobS
I'm sure Dok would reply with: "The hell I don't! LISTEN, KID! I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at KU. I'm out there busting my buns every night! Tell your old man to drag Walton Sims and Tshiebwe Lanier up and down the court for 48 40 minutes!

Mongo just pawn in game of life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

More
4 years 2 months ago #24581 by Bayhawk
Roger Roger, what's our vector Victor?

Tell me RobS, do you like movies about gladiators?

RC. :P

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
4 years 2 months ago #24582 by porthawk
Bay, if you're going to ask Rob if he likes movies about gladiators, then I'm going to have to ask you if you've ever been in a Turkish prison. And don't get me started about grown men. :)

This line of questions is fantastic!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

More
4 years 2 months ago #24583 by Bayhawk
It NEVER gets old!!! :lol:

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
4 years 2 months ago #24598 by hairyhawk
Looks like I picked a bad week to..........that too. Thanks for the reminder of a funny movie.