Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Self on Silvio

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 3 months ago #24559 by HawkErrant

Self on Silvio: I can be mad at him or say things to him in a private setting that the media won’t be privy to, but if my son or daughter makes a bad emotional decision in the heat of the moment, I don’t stop loving them. He’s ours and I’m proud that he is.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, wardhawk, murphyslaw, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 3 months ago #24560 by HawkErrant
www2.kusports.com/news/2020/jan/24/kansa...m-will-learn-and-gr/

Self noted that his decision to keep De Sousa on the team was not made with any one thing in mind.

“What people think has nothing to do with my decision," he said. "Zero. What the media thinks should happen has nothing to do with what I’ll do. I'm going to do what’s right that’s based on our basketball team, our program, our university, not what’s best for Silvio, not what’s best for me. I’m going to do what's best for us. I hope what’s best for Silvio and myself, or whoever, also falls in line with that. But if it doesn’t, then you do something different.”

Jeremy Case, who could be seen on the video attempting to break up the fight, broke his right arm in the brawl and will wear a sling for four weeks while he recovers.

“He broke his right arm in trying to break it up,” Self said. “(He) lunged and lost his balance, and when he did he kind of flipped over an individual and landed awkwardly.”

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, murphyslaw, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.