Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Going to be an annoying College Gameday

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #24503 by NotOstertag
Where to begin with this sheetstorm....

First, you have Vitale who immediately clamored for Silvio to be kicked out of college basketball for life coming to town. Throw in the obligatory connection to the ongoing NCAA investigation (still fail to see how the two are related except for the same guy being in the middle of both). I hope that at SOME point they actually focus on the game a little bit. Something tells me we're going to see the fight replayed more times than necessary.

Maybe that's the topic for new poll: how many times do they show the replay on Saturday. I'm guessing at least 5). Might not watch much of the coverage outside the game itself.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 years 2 months ago #24504 by Governors
Maybe someone should saunter over to Mr. Vitale and ask him about his favorite team and a certain Grayson Allen who had a history of inappropriate contact with other players. I don't recall the outrage nor the proclamation about having him kicked out of basketball permanently.

More
4 years 2 months ago #24505 by hoshi
Turn off the sound.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #24509 by NotOstertag
Actually, I'd bet even money that he walks back his comments a little and takes the politically correct stance that the Big 12 office meted out appropriate punishments.

Nevertheless, if you were hoping that we could "move on" now that the punishments have been handed out, you're out of luck until after Saturday.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
4 years 2 months ago #24513 by Illhawk
Maybe it is time for a variation on the Bill Walton drinking game. In the Walton version when he does a game not involving a Pac 12 tam everybody gulps on every "conference of champions."

We have the SEC and Big 12. If I drink on every ACC reference I probably die. Limited to the word "Duke" and mention of Coach K being sentient for the last 10 minutes seems unlikely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk