Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Follow up to Perfect Storm

• JoJoHawk
  • JoJoHawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 3 months ago #24458 by JoJoHawk
Irony

As I mentioned before, I feel that Silvio was REACTING in the context of competition and then in self-defense which led to his actions last night. Basketball is a bang-bang game and if you stop to think “hey this guys playing to the final buzzer - should I?” he’s done gone and dunked on you. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the block.

Dickie V is asked for his reaction while prepping for another game about to telecast- he mentions no particulars or context (obviously was shown a clip or image of the altercation) in his immediate call to have De Sousa essentially banned from ever playing basketball again. Steven A. starts his commentary by stating that the effort to block the shot while leading by a score he did not know was out of line. He did not seem to realize that the ball was stolen with just 3-4 seconds in the game. He calls for a 10 game suspension AT MINIMUM!

The irony is that these talking heads are on one hand expecting this young athlete to stop, consider options, and make a nuanced decision whether It is the right thing to defend his goal and himself in the heat of competition while they, obviously not well steeped in the full context of the situation, sit there and make draconian proclamations as to what should happen to Silvio. The are pandering to their base- thoughtfulness and nuance be damned!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, KMT, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.