Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

And in other news...there is Christian Braun...and more

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 3 months ago #24438 by CorpusJayhawk
In on the court news, Braun had a great all-around game. He is really making leaps and bounds progress. I am actually excited when he comes into the game. Plus he is turning into my wife's fave player. She has been forlorn since Devonte' left (but haven't we all). She loves (as do I) the way he hustles. Hitting 6 of 10 from 3 doesn't hurt his image either. He may end up being a 20+ minute guy every night.

In other developments, Ochai must have had some serious conversations with the coaches. He attacked the rim tonight like never before. He was not particularly successful at it but that should come. Plus, he spaced differently and was more aggressive on the defensive boards and doubly so on the offensive boards. That is very encouraging. His shot still is a work in progress and he can't pass to save his life. But hey, he is taking steps.

Udoka and Devon are just studs. Udoka's defense is one of and maybe the most surprising thing on this years team.

Marcus is the man though. He is Travis Releford, Kevin Young, Landon Lucas and Tyshawn Taylor all wrapped into one. We really can't afford to lose Marcus, Udoka or Devon.

Our offense was 1.23 PPP which is great. Not due to shooting but to offensive rebounding. You will usually have a great offensive PPP when you grab 44% of the offensive rebounds.

Defense was okay tonight but certainly not great. 10 steals and 9 blocks though, is pretty sweet.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.