Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

KU 81, KSU 60 -- and now we wait, but I doubt for (L)ong

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 3 months ago #24434 by HawkErrant
A real shame that such a great win, and great game from freshman Christian Braun, ended as it did.

From the front page of the KUAthletics.com website:

In the post game presser Self said we would most likely hear what the consequences will be on Wednesday (tomorrow).

Yeah, KSU's DaJuan Gordon was an asshole doing what he did given the game circumstances, as all he was doing was trying to show up Silvio.

Silvio's block of his attempt was the perfect response, and it should have stopped there.

But as I noted in response to LSHawk: up to and including Silvio taunting the guy -- which even before considering the ensuing melee would have yielded the unsportsmanlike conduct T, Silvio's ejection and the free throws -- there really was little to talk about until (1) the KSU players already on the court and then the KSU bench players (including the out for the season but sitting on the bench in street clothes player James Love) came after Silvio, and (2) the KU bench emptied in response.

As a minimum this event should result in multiple suspensions for both teams.

Personally I'm thinking multiple games for Silvio (could be much worse, picking up that stool is a potential game changer), but I'm hoping for no more than a 1 game suspension for anyone else. Losing to Tennessee on Saturday wouldn't bother me nearly as much as having to play in Stillwater without a full (-Silvio) squad.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.