Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

More random thoughts from a cluttered mind...

More
4 years 2 months ago #24420 by Kong
Baylor is playing a level above KU right now. Not saying they are the best team, just that hey are playing better. I re-watched the Baylor game and a lot of the shots they made were after good defense. They are physical and basically shoved us off the court.

Speaking of that. When was the last time we saw KU get pushed around so much. WVU and Baylor both came out and out muscled and out hustled us. That has to change.

Where is the joy in mudville? I see players running up and down the court and nary a smile to be had. Ochai used to always be smiling. To be honest that is an area that Lightfoot used to bring to the team on the court. He got the emotions going and this team needs it. They need it bad.

I haven't looked it up, but how many of our possessions have ended in a turnover. It has to be close to 15%. Insane.

And the converse, where is our pressure defense resulting in turnovers and easy baskets in transition.

Transition you say? We haven't shown any true transition basketball in quite some time. I don't know if it is because the other teams are rushing back on D to stop our transition baskets or if we are just poor at execution. Either way, not good.

Still a very solid team that can beat anyone on any given night so you have to like that.

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, JRhawk, Bayhawk, LadyHawk, porthawk, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.