Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Jalen Wilson

• JoJoHawk
  • JoJoHawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 3 months ago #24377 by JoJoHawk
Heard rumors that he would be back on court doing at least light practice this month- anyone have update? Could always use another athletic wing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 years 3 months ago #24378 by JRhawk
Good ? I managed to find mention of him on KUSports.com - in the KU Sports Hour of Jan 6, 2020 by Matt Tait, Benton Smith, & Shane Jackson. At the 41:55 min mark they start talking about Jalen Wilson. Said he has been practicing individually - is about 2 weeks away from being cleared - would likely be at least 2 weeks after that to get in condition. So assuming all goes well, could be available in early Feb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

More
4 years 3 months ago #24379 by NotOstertag
Ready to play and actually playing are two different things.

First, assume he's physically able to come back (which will happen): it'll take him time to get into 'game shape' as well as work his way into the rotation. Everyone else will be a couple months ahead of him and it's tough to catch up.

Then the 2nd question is whether it's worth burning a medical redshirt for 1/3 of a season. Will we "need" him, or are we better off keeping him on the shelf until next year? Or does it not matter since playing 4 years isn't in his plans?

Thinking Self, the staff, Jalen and his family will have a lot to think about. Bottom line, it's good that he's on the mend.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, murphyslaw