Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

another half

• Riverhawk
  • Riverhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 3 months ago #24318 by Riverhawk
scoring in the 20s. I'm sure Corpus can throw some data at me, but I continue to believe this is not a good offensive team. Terrific against no defense and over matched teams like Iowa State yes, but against a good team that reads the scouting reports, um, nope. Double Dok, pressure up high, it's really not that complicated. Having said that, Baylor looks legitimately very good. Hope Dotson is not hurt bad..
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, HawkErrant, Bayhawk, murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 years 3 months ago #24319 by hairyhawk
Baylor looked great today IMHO even when they made mistakes the ball bounced their way. It was bound to happen eventually. They are a very good team.

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #24320 by konza63
Concur, sadly. And Self and we still don’t know this team’s go-to offensive identity.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by konza63.
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

More
4 years 3 months ago #24321 by hairyhawk
I think the injury to Dotson didn't help but we are pretty challenged at scoring . Moss did some nice things today on offense which could be a trend. Some may say Braun didn't but he did not make a lot of mistakes either.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LKF_HAWK, murphyslaw

More
4 years 3 months ago #24323 by LKF_HAWK
How do you not even show up ready to play. They got punched in the mouth and just whimpered with a thud.

More
4 years 3 months ago #24324 by hairyhawk
I think you have to give credit to Baylor. I thought they played great

More
4 years 3 months ago #24325 by murphyslaw
They did play great, that's for sure. However, I thought our defense tanked from the end of the first half through most of the second half. I thought their play wasn't a proper tribute to those who risked life and limb on icy, snowy roads to support the Jayhawks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LKF_HAWK

More
4 years 3 months ago #24326 by LKF_HAWK
Sure BU played great and I expected it given their history in Lawrence. How the heck does KU just fall apart, HCBS said this in his presser, at the end of the first half. Yeah Ku might not have won, but sure would have been a lot easier to watch. The fact they got through pounded and outcoached by Scott Drew and Baylor gives me pause about this team’s prospect. Again how the heck does Baylor assemble this type of team?
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

More
4 years 3 months ago #24327 by JRhawk
Agree that the law of averages was bound to catch up to KU at some point, but KU seemed flat and of course Dotson being hurt didn't help. Konza mentioned KU not having an offensive identity - I would guess the theme is to pound it inside - given that, our guards need to learn how to pass the ball to Dok. You asked how does Baylor assemble such a team - good question. My question is how did KU strike out on so many recruits?? Rivals #9 Hurt, #11 Earl, #17 Achuiwa (who may be the best of those 3). We got #44 Enaruna, #47 Wilson (out with injury), #93 Braun, & #106 McBride (left before playing?) If we had Wilson and McBride, might be better in the back court. Interestingly, #117 Etienne and #118 Sherfield are playing a lot for Wichita St.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, murphyslaw

More
4 years 3 months ago #24328 by LKF_HAWK
I think both Dotson and Garrett playing hurt today was part of the issues, but even at 100%, I think the Baylor Guards are better. They can drive and shoot. Like I said, I don’t understand how this Baylor team has become so good with pretty much a bunch of transfers and unheralded guys..Scott Drew has shown not to be a great coach, yet today he ran circles around HCBS. Baylor’s big run started when Ku went back to the 2 big lineup. When is coach going to realize we need stretch players at the 4...

Seeing opposing teams celebrate at AFH is painful and when it’s a program first for freaking Scott Drew and Baylor, that is even worst.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk