Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Just How Special is Devon

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 4 months ago #24020 by CorpusJayhawk
As it turns out, he is pretty dadgum special. I have attached a link to the composite of the 1st 45 games of every player since 1994. You can see that Devon Dotson compares quite favorably to this group. If you stick to Point GUards only, he is really unquestionably the king of the court. He leads this illustrious group in almost every category. He dwarfs them all in minutes (Aaron Miles 2nd but 200+ below). He leads all in points but Mario and Sherron were ever so slightly better per 40 minutes but played far fewer minutes. Really the only category he is not head and shoulders above in is A/TO ratio where he is actually slightly below the average of the 12 PG's. When we expand it to all players, he still measure up very well. He has played more minutes than any player since 1994 in his 1st 45 games. One particular aspect of Devon's game that is starkly apparent is his frequency in getting to the FT line and making his FT's. Of the 75 players I compared him to in this list, only Wiggins (6.1), Embiid (6.1), Dedric (5.7), Perry Ellis (5.0), Jerrod Haase (4.7 and Wayne Simien (4.7 have made more FT's per 40 minutes in their 1st 45 games than Devon (4.6). Too bad Devon is not going to be around 4 years. He would break some records and end up as one of the all-time greats.

1st 45 Game Stats

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, wardhawk, murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.