Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Calling Rainyhawk!

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Wheatstate Gal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 4 months ago #24016 by Wheatstate Gal
Hi Rainy. Are you gonna share your experiences with your family while returning to the old barn last week.

I’m interested!

Rock Chalk.

WSG
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #24026 by rainyhawk
Thanks for asking Wheatstate! We had a really great time. It was the first time on campus for my daughters-in-law and my grandkids though my sons and I have visited campus before. Everyone really loved lawrence and the campus. In fact, we realized we should have spent less time in KC and more in lawrence. Hind sight! We did the Booth Hall and the rules, etc. It was my first game since graduating law school in 1973. I thought i might feel different but it didn't--just like going home I guess! It was a great game and our entire group of 10 had a fun time. It was the first sporting event of any kind for the grandkids (they don't watch sports on TV either and are 6 and 8 ) so i wasn't sure about the amount of time we'd be there (got there before 4:30 for a 6:00 tip-off). However they didn't need food or walking around to keep them occupied--they were really into the game. The grandson (6) immediately picked up on what the students were doing and started to do the same (the fingers waving during opposing teams' free throws, etc.)--even caught him crossing his fingers when we were shooting. Granddaughter (8 ) had made a little sign and we kept trying to get her on camera--both of them yelled and clapped. We all had KU gear of some sort and got some nice photos. All in all it was a great birthday trip! Thanks to everyone on the board for suggestions. Also, everyone agreed that we had some of the best food on this trip. Heartily recommend Lawrence Beer Co.--they were super accommodating in getting us in for lunch on Saturday (and they were packed) when we had 13 people (and pushing out our time when we miscalculated!) and everyone loved their food. Those of us who had the grilled cheese agreed it was one of the best ones we'd ever had.
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by HawkErrant. Reason: Rainy, I changed your (8) to (8 ) eliminate the smileys. Glad you had a great time, thanks for posting!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sasnak, hairyhawk, Bayhawk, gorillahawk, jayhawk969, Wheatstate Gal

More
4 years 4 months ago #24027 by rainyhawk
Not sure where the emoji came from but it's replacing the number eight!

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Wheatstate Gal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 4 months ago #24030 by Wheatstate Gal
Thanks for sharing, Rainy. Sounds like a wonderful time!

WSG