Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

KU class of 2022 commit Tre White decommits

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 4 months ago #23968 by porthawk
I only noticed this b/c it was right below the article about Devonte' that NotO shared earlier. Does really give much insight into why.

247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/Fiv...basketball-139967373
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 4 months ago #23971 by HawkErrant
I’m not at all surprised or concerned. Kid’s just a hs soph today. Changes of heart like his are the big reason I really don’t follow KU hoops recruiting beyond the current recruiting season. There are simply too many things that happen over longer event horizons.

My opinion? Reopening his commitment is actually a smart move for him. Good for him, it’s early, check out the options, he’ll have a lot. He still has KU in his mix, so that’s also a plus for him in my book. And frankly, I think it’s better for KU as well. KU’s track record with early commitments is poor.

Think about it. Can you name one kid who committed to KU as a junior or earlier, who then actually signed with KU and then ended up being a solid player?

Best of luck to him, and I hope he ends up a Jayhawk if that’s what he wants.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: KMT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.