Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Carlton Bragg, Jr

• JRhawk
  • JRhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 4 months ago #23933 by JRhawk
I have been seeing the last post (same title as this) in Open Forum section for what seems like forever. Today, I saw in New Mexico's score that Carlton Bragg, Jr had 20 points and 14 rebounds in their win over Montana. My first thought was how could he still be playing, given that Dave's post was 4 years 4 days ago. He is a Senior now and of course had to lay out the year for transfer. I was going to post this to the Open Forum section, but wasn't allowed, so here it is. Add his name to the long list of KU transfers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bmchawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• JRhawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 4 months ago #23959 by JRhawk
Just another update on CB, Jr, Quentin Grimes, and Sam Cunliffe. It's anyone's guess whether New Mexico, Houston, or Evansville will make the NCAA, but all three former KU players are doing fairly well elsewhere. CB, Jr is averaging 12.4 ppg & 9.5 reb. QG is averaging 16.8 ppg, 4.3 reb, & 3.7 ast. SC is averaging 10.9 ppg & 3.2 reb. Of the three, QG is the biggest headscatcher. KU surely could use his output, but alas.

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #23960 by hoshi
If you look at QG's game by game scoring, he is either scoring high of very low. He had one game of 32 points and a number of games where he scored 4, 6 or 8. Very much like his time at KU. Very inconsistent. I think Bragg has done similar. No, I am not at all interested in QG staying at KU. Hint, he did not have an option.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by hoshi.

• JRhawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 4 months ago #23963 by JRhawk
Grimes 16.8 ppg average from last game to first: 21, 17, 8, 32, 10, & 13.
Agbaji 9.6 ppg average from last game to first: 6, 14, 11, 4, 4, 13, & 15.
Garrett 10 ppg average from last game to first: 18, 7, 8, 13, 2, 10, & 12.

Bragg: 12.4 ppg average from last game to first: 17, 20, 12, 4, 14, 10, 6, 11, 17, & 13. He is the most consistent - sort of moot though, since had he stayed, he would have graduated already.

If Grimes was asked to leave, that's unfortunate IMHO.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 4 months ago #23964 by HawkErrant

hoshi wrote: If you look at QG's game by game scoring, he is either scoring high of very low. He had one game of 32 points and a number of games where he scored 4, 6 or 8. Very much like his time at KU. Very inconsistent. I think Bragg has done similar. No, I am not at all interested in QG staying at KU. Hint, he did not have an option.

That only makes sense, since why else would the NCAA approve his appeal to be able to play without sitting out the usual transfer year?
(I know,I know, I’m implying there’s a modicum of reasonably understood logic in the NCAA decision making process when we have loads of evidence that this is not the case. The first alternative to that implication is that the NCAA approved it at least in part because they just wanted to mess with KU, and I don’t want to go there.)

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

More
4 years 3 months ago #24246 by NotOstertag
www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/sto...es-return-suspension

Troubling trend with this guy. I tend to be highly skeptical of people who are repeatedly in the wrong place at the wrong time. Yes, random happenstance occurs, but it can also become a trend.

It appears that Bragg is coming back from a suspension from mid-December. While the team isn't saying why he was suspended the article says, "Bragg, 24, is being investigated by the Albuquerque Police Department for attempted rape, according to an incident report obtained by the Albuquerque Journal."

Ok, innocent until proven guilty, etc. But when you look at his history at KU you'll remember the following:

December 2016: Bragg charged with assault when an alleged "girlfriend" (later turned out to not be the case) accused him of hitting her in an altercation at a party. Later, video evidence was produced that exonerated him and supported the idea that he was defending himself.

Then, a month later, he was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia when cops searched his apartment for evidence of an other sexual assault case to which he wasn't directly tied.

Is he guilty of any of this? That's for courts/juries to decide, but there sure seems to be a lot of nasty smoke following him around. I hope that he's got somebody counseling him on his behavior, especially toward women...even if he's not technically guilty of anything.

Sigh.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

More
4 years 3 months ago #24334 by porthawk

More
4 years 3 months ago #24335 by NotOstertag
Hope somebody gets hold of him and straightens him out. Not looking like a good trend.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot