Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Enaruna

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
4 years 5 months ago #23725 by konza63
Did anyone else see glimpses of a really solid and dynamic player going forward? He had the two misguided in-flight passes that were turnovers (which no doubt caused Self to limit his minutes), but he also flashed some scoring flair and athleticism.

I hope we see a lot more of him. I wish we could’ve seen Braun do some things as well, but he was quiet in the little time he played.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, jayhawk969, murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 years 5 months ago #23726 by Riverhawk
Agree...it will be fun to watch him develop. I liked your analysis earlier, especially when it came to the Bigs. Don't really see the value of playing two post players when all of them are so limited when it comes to moves and doing anything outside of five feet or so. I actually think a smaller lineup with Enaruna or Garrett at the four is a better way to go. I guess it's heresy to say so, but I've always thought Dok slows everything down on offense. He did make a couple of nice passes last night, but the offense seems to grind to a halt when he gets the ball, especially if he's more than a few feet from the hoop.
And I am probably the only one who thinks Dotson is really good, but not really a point guard. Anyway, Self has lots of options.
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, gorillahawk, murphyslaw

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #23735 by gorillahawk
Also noticed that at absolute crunch time, the very end, around the time of McCormack's bounce pass turnover...when we needed a three to tie...Self put in freshman Braun...gotta be a sign of confidence in the kid's cool head, outside shot, and ball handling abilities
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by gorillahawk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63

More
4 years 5 months ago #23737 by wchawk
I really think there's a lot of upside for Enaruna. He looks like he can drive with the ball and with his length will be able to get down the lane and to the hoop. His 7foot wingspan (again, why isn't it armspan?) should be helpful defensively on the perimeter. And don't sleep on Braun. In the game late and from what I've read, it sounds like he's ahead of where most freshman are at this point defensively. He does have a three ball. I think there may be times that when we go to a four small lineup they will be helpful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, HawkErrant, Bayhawk, gorillahawk

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
4 years 5 months ago #23751 by konza63
I noticed that too, Gorillahawk, and was rather shocked that he did that - being Self. Putting in a green frosh in crunch time? Thought the same thing about confidence in him that you did.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

• replayloungehawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 5 months ago #23756 by replayloungehawk
This begs the question, why didn't he play him at any other point in the game?

More
4 years 5 months ago #23757 by newtonhawk
I also noticed Braun coming in late in the game ... but also noticed his brief presence in the 1st half and him receiving a quick hook back to the bench after what I would presume to have been an ill-advised trey too early in the shot clock. I too am glad for the vote of confidence from Self.