Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

A random musing

More
4 years 5 months ago #23666 by Kong
Sports can be a cruel mistress. It robs you of time and energy and often you don't seem to get what you are looking for in return. Joy can quickly turn to disappointment. And disappointment is there for most but the few victors.

Having said that, the last two years I have been experiencing a round of joy and excitement like never before. Two seasons ago, my Washington Capitols won the Stanley Cup. Never thought they would do it and I have been watching them off and on for over 25 years.
But hockey was not through granting me joy. The team I followed as a kid. The team my Dad had season tickets to and I grew up loving won it all. The St. Louis Blues are finally... finally champions!

Now after last night I can add to the string of joy and revel in the World Series Champion Washington Nationals.

I don't know about you, but I say we keep this joy train rolling and watch KU win the NCAA trophy again this year!

Who is with me?

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, texkan, murphyslaw, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.