Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

A poll while we wait . . . .

Poll: Udoka free throw average this season:

40% Nooooooooo!
3 21.4%
41% - 50% ugh.
5 35.7%
51% - 60% jeez.
3 21.4%
61% - 70% Nice . . .
3 21.4%
>70% Yeah baby!!
No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 14
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Bayhawk
  • Bayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 5 months ago #23662 by Bayhawk
Poke-a-Doke! :pinch:

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, wardhawk, murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 years 5 months ago #23663 by NotOstertag
I'm going to whine and say that I don't like the way you split the numbers up.

I was optimistic with 61%-70% because I think he can shoot around 60% realistically. I mean for cryin' out loud, anybody on this board could shoot 60% if you spend an hour a day working on it, and I do think Doke has more athleticism than at least some of us (certainly more than me).

If he can't shoot 60%, he DOES need to start shooting granny style. Unless you're not physically strong enough to get the ball to the hoop (and Doke certainly is) 60% seems like a minimal acceptable rate for somebody who does this stuff for a living.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, murphyslaw, newtonhawk

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 5 months ago #23664 by HawkErrant
NB: I truly hope I’m wrong.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
4 years 5 months ago #23665 by NotOstertag
I have a solution to his free throw shooting woes: dunk EVERYTHING. Sure he'll get fouled and maybe he'll only make 25% of 'em, but if he's already got 2 points in the books, the 3rd point (while very nice) isn't as necessary.

Anybody have Self's cell phone number? I think I'll call him to pass this along. He probably hasn't thought of this.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
4 years 5 months ago #23672 by AZhawk87
It has to be extremely mental for him too. Starting off as poorly as he has, it's even harder to get things going for him at the line.

I'm depressingly in the 40% or worse category, which will again keep him off the floor in crunch time.

More
4 years 5 months ago #23675 by hairyhawk
Not that I want it or anything but I can say this year if he does need to come out of the game late. With both Silvio and Big Dave we will not be forced to play small.