Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Recruiting Update: In-state prospect Gradey Dick plans KU visit for Late Night

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 7 months ago #23421 by porthawk
And Tait lists some other KU targets: www2.kusports.com/weblogs/tale-tait/2019...state-prospect-grad/

HE, feel free to move this to the recruiting thread. I just put it here first ti some more eyes on it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, hairyhawk, gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #23422 by HawkErrant
porthawk (and everyone else) -- I have no issues with folks posting recruiting stuff outside of the pinned threads. If I think a post merits inclusion in one of the pinned threads, I'll either put a link to it in the pinned thread or move the post there, depending on the situation. I do consider that is seems folks are more apt to reply to a post outside of the pinned threads, and the last thing I want to do is discourage the conversation.

I will confess it does bother me a bit when it seems pretty clear that someone has not checked the relevant pinned thread first before posting something related to recruiting, but I try to be generous and good-natured in such situations -- or at the very least not be unkind. :)

Re: Gradey [correcting my misspelling, left out the "e" - HE] --
I really like it when KU can land good local talent, but as a 2022 recruit Gradey is still in the "long game" mode.
Since I do try to limit the # of pinned posts folks have to scroll through (and I try to limit the work I'm doing here so I can spend some time with Mrs HE), I usually limit the recruiting pinned threads to the current year's recruiting, and last year's for reference use.

And remember, I do not delete the older pinned threads, I just unpin them when the time comes. They can always be accessed via a board search, if you just can't remember what that guy was ranked at when he was recruited by KU, or you want to relook at who KU went after but didn't get, etc.

ROCK CHALK!
2020: NCAA Title 4

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by HawkErrant. Reason: Name is spelled Gradey, not Grady ("One is his name, the other is not")
The following user(s) said Thank You: newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.