Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Newest Kansas Commit Dajuan Harris Now A 4-Star Prospect

• gorillahawk
  • gorillahawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 8 months ago #23398 by gorillahawk
Newest Kansas Commit Dajuan Harris Now A 4-Star Prospect

"However, Dajuan Harris’ ability to join Kansas in 2019 hinges on his ability to complete necessary coursework. If he doesn’t do so before the fall, he may be forced to wait until 2020.

Nevertheless, Kansas has reportedly been keeping their 13th and final scholarship slot available in the event Harris is able to join."

< thespun.com/big-12/kansas-jayhawks/dajua...ail&utm_medium=Email >
The following user(s) said Thank You: newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #23404 by HawkErrant
RCB: AY2018-19 KUMBB Recruiting - Dajuan Harris 2019-08-12
As reported in the linked post above, Rivals jumped him from the 130s to #83 almost two weeks ago, solidly in 4* country.
Rivals initially had a glitch (human, system, don't know which) that still displayed him as 3* despite being ahead of another 38 recruits rated as 4* (first 3* begins at #122), but that has been fixed.

Only question has been his completing his HS coursework so he could return to his original 2019 HS class instead of going to prep school (Sunrise Christian north of Wichita) and delaying his college start util 2020.

RCB: AY2018-19 KUMBB Recruiting - Dajuan Harris scuttlebutt as of 2019-08-21
As reported in the linked post above, rumor making the rounds the last 3 days is he has finished his coursework and is applying to the NCAA to be eligible for this coming season. . Also he is enrolling, should be on campus now (I have yet to see these confirmed, but enrollment was last week and classes start Monday), and talk is the worst case scenario is he may have to redshirt a la Ben McLemore if the NCAA is not happy with his crash HS coursework.

Fingers crossed for the kid.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

• gorillahawk
  • gorillahawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 7 months ago #23406 by gorillahawk

• HawkErrant
More
4 years 7 months ago #23408 by HawkErrant
Yeah, a lot of sources are late in reporting this, I did so here on the RCB when Rivals released the latest update on Aug 12. I think the delay with these sources may have been due to the Rivals glitch I mentioned. Plus for the LJW it is my observation that they space stories out, some on line, but a lot in the hard copy paper. I've seen articles show up in the newspaper 5 days after reading them on KUSports.com. Of course part of that is competing for space with other KU news, as well as with advertising space, but I would think that has little to no impact with the online editions.

Hoping to get more solid news about his status soon.

And thanks for keeping talk of his status going on the board, still not out of the RCB summer doldrums yet... B)

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• HawkErrant
More
4 years 7 months ago #23413 by HawkErrant
At end of this article it’s noted that Harris is not on campus yet.

Also that a new S&C coach should be hired by Friday.

Get ready... Jayhawks are coming!

m.kusports.com/news/2019/aug/24/appearan...t-kus-annual-tradit/