Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Getting excited?

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 8 months ago #23381 by HawkErrant
The students are here in force as preparations for Day 1 of classes on Monday peak this week. Traffic snarling like a California Golden Bear (hi to GB, Bayhawk!), which of course means another shot at KUFB getting better and the rapidly approaching (but not fast enough, damn it, not fast enough! says Jean-Luc Picard in my head) beginning of the college hoops season!
Anticipation, Jayhawks fans!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: sasnak, Bayhawk, gorillahawk, murphyslaw, Wheatstate Gal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 8 months ago #23382 by Wheatstate Gal
Ditto on the snarling traffic. I need to take a campus artery to leave my domicile. I’m taking the alternate, longer route to avoid the snarl.....I have the stop sign.....cross traffic on the “speedway” does not.

I have officially become my mother! :-D
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

More
4 years 8 months ago #23383 by murphyslaw
What a way to lift me out of the mid morning doldrums, dancing and singing along with Carly! (In my case, best done alone and in full disguise....)

Yes, I'm ready!

More
4 years 8 months ago #23385 by murphyslaw
lol!

More
4 years 8 months ago #23386 by Bayhawk
Not particularly excited about football, but it can only get better. Meanwhile, I spent this morning at work :ohmy: entering the bball schedule into my phone calendar.

Can't start soon enough!!! :cheer:

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
4 years 8 months ago #23387 by hoshi
Thursday is move in day for the dorms. Lucky for us, we leave Thursday AM to attend a niece's wedding in Miami and get back Sunday late so we will miss some of the craziness. Love the energy around Lawrence this time of year but the traffic can be nuts, especially with the construction around 19th and Iowa.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein

More
4 years 8 months ago #23388 by CorpusJayhawk
Gosh, seems like just yesterday I was moving to Lawrence for the first time. But alas, it was 44 years ago. I was oblivious to both KU football and basketball when I came to Lawrence but I very quickly became a huge fan. I remember spending a beautiful Lawrence November Saturday afternoon underneath my mom's 1967 Impala where it broke down right by the Chi-O fountain. The fuel pump needed replacing and I had to do it right there. But it perfectly coincided with the Jayhawk football game on November 8th between Kansas and Oklahoma in Norman. Oklahoma was ranked No. 1 (and ended up winning the National Championship). But Nolan Cromwell, our phenom defensive back turned option quarterback, ran for 294 yards. I turned the radio up in the car so I could hear it. KU absolutely dominated OU 23-3 for one of the best wins ever for KU. What a glorious November day. It is hard to beat Lawrence for beautiful fall days and that was a perfect day. That was the year of Nom Cook, Ken Kopenigs, Paul Mokeski and Clint Johnson. That was a different time where KU had two of top three players from Kansas (Koenigs, Johnson) not to mention Brad Sanders from Leavenworth.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, boulderhawk, wardhawk, murphyslaw