Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Silvio says Braun "ready for whatever it takes"

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 8 months ago #23333 by HawkErrant

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 years 8 months ago #23335 by Bayhawk
You know how every year we pick that "one" player to root for because of some intangible reason? Well, this kid is setting himself up to be my pick (according to what Silvio says). And what do you say to the prospect of four years of this young man? :cheer:

Of course, after all Silvio has gone through, I'm always rooting for him to have a break out season. And then, of course, there's Udunkie after the injuries, and Garrett is waiting to bust out. Oh hell, I root for 'em all . . . .

RCJHGKU!!! :woohoo:

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, newtonhawk

More
4 years 8 months ago #23336 by AZhawk87
You beat me to the punch Bay. I absolutely love the energy and anticipation of all these talented non OADs.

Braun is my bet for breakout fan favorite. He may not play much this year, but when he does I think we're going to love him. I'm thinking a cross of Laettner and Hansbrough. Maybe more of a Dean Wade, but I'm shooting higher than that for this kid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

More
4 years 8 months ago #23337 by Slayer2384
Must we invoke the "flopper" into the comparison discussion? I would guess his defensive skills are probably a little more legit.

More
4 years 8 months ago #23339 by AZhawk87
I apologize to the board for invoking memories of Hansbrough and the flopping, though my best memory was when someone popped him in the face and he started crying with blood running down his nose.

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 8 months ago #23341 by HawkErrant
Who?

Oh, the hype boy from Columbia that got smashed by freshman Cole Aldrich on the biggest stage in college hoops???

Good memories!

Hoping that Cole's Tianjen Golden Lions maul Hype Boy's Zhejiang Golden Bulls a lot this time around...

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk