Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Grimes interview

• newtonhawk
  • newtonhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 8 months ago #23286 by newtonhawk
With any KU recruit, I had high hopes for this kid. I know that things don't always work according to plan, but this one is a head scratcher for me. It will be interesting to see how he fares at Houston and beyond. As others have noted, I believe we will be just fine in his absence, and maybe even better. I do wish things could have gone better.

re: Grimes interview with Andy Katz
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #23287 by CorpusJayhawk
Aha, the truth is there to be had. This was a very revealing interview. Quentin wanted to be “The Guy”. At KU he was not going to be “The Guy.” First of all, Bill Self’s team don’t really have “The Guy.” I think we are better without him than with him. As I have said before, that is not a slight on him but rather a statement of his “fit” with Self and this team. He just demonstrated with his admission that he is not a fit for Self and KU. I hope Sampson lets him loose and he can get what he wants. Just not here at KU. I put a little (more than a little) onus on Self and staff to do a better job vetting these recruits. I don’t think LaGerald was a particularly good fit either. The staff needs to weed these guys out before they get here.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by HawkErrant. Reason: DYAC! Fixed it, CJ!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, sasnak, gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.