Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Anybody know where we stand vis a vis ncaa investigations?

• Bayhawk
  • Bayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 8 months ago #23277 by Bayhawk
KU keeps coming up on the short list . . . :( :angry: :unsure: :ohmy: :woohoo: :pinch:

Seems like the Silvio fiasco is behind us. I'm so excited about the coming season, I'd hate to have this cloud over our collective heads.

RCJHGKU!!
RCFL!

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 8 months ago #23278 by Wheatstate Gal
Hey, My Brutha!!!!!

I got nuthin’. But if Silvio is behind us, what’s left? Zion “the second coming of Jesus” Williamson? Or stuff we haven’t heard yet?

I suppose there is no cloud over Puke and Coach Kzxcvbnmlkjhgy because Puke would never HAVE to pay someone to play? :-/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 8 months ago #23279 by HawkErrant
Like Wheaty, I’ve got bupkes on “who’s next?”

Having clarified that — knowing what we know so far, and given that KU has cooperated with the NCAA every step of the way re: Cliff Alexander, Billy Preston and Silvio (talk about goin’ round in circles!), and given the blowback that could occur across the D1 landscape if the NCAA seriously pursued what they consider to be compliance problems with KU signing guys who later turned out to have issues, and/or the Zion conversation (where *did* he end up playing again? Hmmm?), I am presently content to believe that KU won’t see anything serious out of this. (1) Unlike some other high profile programs, KU sat all three guys once they discovered their respective problems, and (2) it is clear these types of problems are rampant across D1 men’s hoops, and (3) the NCAA essentially got a slap on the wrist for going too far with Silvio’s penance, *so* it seems to me that barring information we don’t know about, the NCAA is not going to do much, if anything, more regarding KU men’s hoops than it has already done.

And again, barring any information we don’t know about, if the NCAA should choose to pursue more based on the info we *do* know about, to the point of seriously damaging the program’s future, its record and its finances... let’s just say that KU could potentially make life very unsatisfactory for the NCAA and D1 men’s hoops in general.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, murphyslaw

More
4 years 8 months ago #23281 by Kong
I have no inside information and only have opinion. Unlike others, I do not see us walking away without something happening.

To me the text messages and conversations that came up in court are very damning and will require the NCAA to do something.

As far as the what about Dook line of reasoning, I think that it is irrelevant. The NCAA has routinely shown that it is random and unequal. For what ever reason they have, they appear to not be looking at Dook at all. Not saying it is right, but consistent with their inconsistent approach to things.

Just my $.02

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

More
4 years 8 months ago #23282 by Illhawk
My best guess is that KU and about 20-30 other schools, none of them in the State of North Carolina, are on Double Secret Probation.

• Bayhawk
  • Bayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 8 months ago #23284 by Bayhawk
Drunk and stupid is no way to go through life Illhawk. :P

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
4 years 8 months ago #23285 by hoshi
I can honestly say that I have NO inside information on this one. Wish I did.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein

More
4 years 7 months ago #23373 by hoshi
OK, I have been gone for 6+ weeks and got just back into town. My usual reliable source, when I asked the question “Are we in trouble with the NCAA?” said that from what he has heard that we will be OK. My interpretation of that is that we might be OK but no one knows for sure. Sorry, the best I could do. I tried.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, boulderhawk