Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Loving the 4 Stars

• AZhawk87
  • AZhawk87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #23252 by AZhawk87
I had lost complete interest in recruiting, especially the drama of the 5star OADs.

I am so excited to see this new bunch of very good, but not yet "rated" great players select KU.

My interest level in seeing who develops, how fast, and at what position, is making KU hoops fun again.

I'm cautiously optimistic for KU gridiron, and really looking forward to a new look, hungry KU hoops team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, gorillahawk, porthawk, murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 years 9 months ago #23254 by hoshi
Plus one. Harris just signed to join KU this Fall. 13th scholarship. MoKan AAU team supplies 3 players, 4 if you count Teahan. It will be interesting if any redshirt.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

More
4 years 9 months ago #23255 by CorpusJayhawk
I am with you. I have come to disdain the 1-and-done pretty fervently. You can make a very strong statistical case that our best teams have been our most experienced teams. I’ll be glad when the new NBA rules kick in. As for redshirt, I cannot imagine NOT redshirting 1 or 2. Again, some of our best players were redshirt juniors and seniors. Think Withey, Releford, Kevin Young, Brady Morningstar and others. There is simply no way we play more than 9 players any significant minutes. And we seem to be strong to a man down to No. 13. Personally, I would really like to see Lightfoot redshirt just to have him around another year. I love that kid. He is about as crimson and blue as they come. Seems like either Harris or McBride should redshirt since Devon will only come out of the game for rest or foul trouble and we are crazy deep in the backcourt.

But with this recruiting haul we really look to be in great shape for the foreseeable future. As odd as it sounds, I love the fact (as AZ said in the original post) that we are getting guys ranked above 30 but still 4 stars.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, gorillahawk, murphyslaw, newtonhawk

More
4 years 9 months ago #23258 by murphyslaw
I totally relate, AZ. It would be wonderful to have the same kind of passion for KU basketball that I had for so many years. My lackadaisical attitude might have been more pain free, but I'm ready for all the emotions to return!

• AZhawk87
  • AZhawk87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #23259 by AZhawk87
I'm also much more excited to take back the Big XII than I was to keep adding another year to the streak.

Let's go out and stomp the conference and remind them who owns the place.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 9 months ago #23261 by HawkErrant
Now that they have to take the title back I am wondering what chant the team will use to break from huddles this coming season? They used to yell "BIG 12 CHAMPS!"

Just thinking "out loud" as it were...

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
4 years 9 months ago #23265 by newtonhawk
I will have to admit that I was almost disappointed when I looked at the recent post for the 2021 recruits and saw so many 5 star guys listed. I am really thinking we should go for the 4 star guys for longevity. There is likely only a hairbreadth of difference in ability, and in some cases, the 4's might even be better, especially when considering how willing they are to work and integrate into a system.

We will get a good idea of this with the current class coming in this fall.

I can't wait!!!:woohoo: