Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

OT-Ex Dukie Grayson Allen (the serial tripper) kicked out of Summer League game

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #23228 by CorpusJayhawk
A thug is a thug and this young man is a thug. He wore out his welcome last year in Utah and was traded this summer to Memphis. He was playing against Boston in the summer league where he received a technical early in the game. Then, in the 4th quarter he received 2 flagrant fouls within 9 seconds. Both were ridiculous cheap shots. But what makes this must see is his disgusting look of impetuous peevish incredulousness after the 2nd foul. This young man is very hard to like. Compare his serial thugishness to the impeccable respectfulness and professionalism of Frank Mason Jr. just disgusting. Frank deserves a spot somewhere in the league just to lift the professional aura of the league. Grayson Allen should be banned.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, LadyHawk, wardhawk, porthawk, murphyslaw, Wheatstate Gal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #23230 by Wheatstate Gal
Say it ain’t so, CJ!!!!!

I’m sure the Puke nation and his family and Daddy Krtpghrqzxmni are very proud.

I’m also sure these incidents were caused by the opposing players and the refs being against him. Because pukies are ALWAYS picked on.

He may be hard to like for you, CJ. I’m embarrassed to say that he is incredibly easy to dislike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
4 years 9 months ago #23231 by murphyslaw
Did the Jazz and the Grizzly staff really think they were getting an upstanding player with good character as well? I say good enough for any team who saw only dollar signs and playoff hopes when they went after this poor excuse for a human being.

I'm with you, CJ. The NBA needs to snatch up players like Frank to bring dignity and sportsmanship back to the game.

I love your characterization: The serial tripper!!

More
4 years 9 months ago #23234 by NotOstertag
I'm shocked that some cagey veteran hasn't put a hurt on him.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #23236 by porthawk
This article perfectly captures Allen and the situation (there are a couple of curse words, fyi) and the video is included, too. And like the author points out, the announcer, Dan Dakich goes on about how ridiculous Allen is. It's worth the read and the watch.
deadspin.com/grayson-allen-ejected-from-...e-for-you-1836299774
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by porthawk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sasnak, hairyhawk